Chocolate Green Smoothie
I am a big green smoothie gal. Sometimes my smoothies are a bright green color and other times, the greens are hidden and you’d never know spinach or kale are on the ingredient list. Usually the latter is a great options for kids—that’s why this chocolate green smoothie recipe is a win win for everyone. Kids get a delish chocolate shake and you get to fill their tummies with healthy greens, like spinach. I’d admit sometimes I just want a chocolate smoothie too, and throw in some greens for good measure.
Chocolate Green Smoothie Benefits
I love this particular smoothie because it’s loaded with:
- cacao antioxidants
- potassium and fiber from the bananas
- protein from the almond milk
If you’re a green smoothie drinker—or even if you’re not—you’ll love this chocolate smoothie recipe!
The Chocolate Green Smoothie Recipe
Yields: 3 cups
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade almond milk or use 1 1/2 cups water and 1/3 cup of almonds, blend
- 3 Tbsp or more of cacao powder and/or chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp of almond butter or any nut or seed butter would work
- 4 dates, soaked until soft or 2-3 Tbsp of maple syrup
- Cinnamon to taste
- Large handful of spinach
- Place all the ingredients, except the frozen bananas in a high powdered blender. Blend until well combined.
- Add the frozen bananas, and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled. I put my chocolate green smoothie in the freezer to make it extra cold.
For more healthy smoothies, check out:
- Basic Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Strawberry Creamsicle Smoothie
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Chocolate Mint Smoothie
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!