My trashy pavement experience last week.
“Do you have a cleaning disorder?” says the man on his bike as I am picking up trash on my walk.
“Well, how come you are picking up trash?”
“Ummm. I just don’t like garbage all over our streets.”
“Well, then. Have a nice day.”
Man on bike rides away.
“Thank you!” I hear and look around confused as I am picking up a brown bag off the side of the road.
“I wish more people were like you and me” says nice man, who apparently picks up trash off the streets, too. *Awesome
“Oh you’re welcome. I am glad I am not the only one.”
Nice man walks away.
10 things I found on the “Trashy Pavement”
- McDonald’s bag. Actually 2.
- T-shirt. It looks more like a rag at this point.
- LED ashtray. Not sure its purpose. Looks like it was from the dollar store though.
- Pacifier. I am guessing from a candy.
- Lottery tickets. The user must have thought: if you don’t win, you just throw them in the streets.
- Many many juice bags. Come on kids! Can’t you wait until you get home to throw them out?
- Nails. In a plastic wrap. Hope they weren’t for something important cause I have them now.
- Part of a hose – I think.
- A light or something from an unidentified object. Maybe a bike?
- An orange light cover, probably from a car.
11.Plastic bottles. Big surprise!
Once again, I am amazed with the amount of garbage I was able to collect while walking to the grocery store.
The best part of my walk was the family on their porch watching my every move. I heard murmurs while I was saving a water bottle from the drainage system. I can only imagine what they were talking about!
And you know what? I don’t care because I am part if the solution!
How about we make a difference together one piece of trash at a time.
Small Footprints challenge for the week of August 17-23: pick up trash off the streets. Easy enough. I already do that.
environment, garbage, trash, trash pick up