Soup season has official arrived with the return of fall but I have been in the kitchen souping up a storm for months. I am pretty sure my family is all souped out. Little do they know, this is just the beginning of all things soup related because there is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup on a cool crisp day!
I love this particular soup because of the addition of the hemp seeds for that nice protein punch. Personally, I don’t really like the taste of hemp seeds, but in this soup you wouldn’t even know they are there. Sneaky. Sneaky. My husband just said as I was getting my recipe up “there is hemp seeds in the soup?” If he didn’t notice, nobody will.
What is your favorite soup?
Cauliflower Leek Soup
Yields: 2-4 servings depending on size of bowls
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 large leek or 2 smalls leeks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil (click here to purchase -affiliate link) for sautéing
- 3-4 cups of steamed water
- 3 Tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- Himalayan salt (click here to purchase -affiliate link) and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Sauté the chopped garlic and leeks in a cast iron pan (click here to purchase -affiliate link) until they start to brown.
- Let the cauliflower, leeks and garlic cool before placing everything in a high powered blender. (click here to purchase here -affiliate link)
- Add 3-4 cups of the steamed water in the blender.
- Add hemp seeds (click here to purchase -affiliate link) and cashews.
- Blend until creamy.
Tips and Notes
- Make sure to soak the cashews prior to using.
- Make sure the cauliflower and leeks are cooled before adding to the blender especially if you have a plastic jug.
- If you are allergic to nuts, the cashews can be omitted or substitute the cashews with sunflower seeds.
For other fall foods you may enjoy, check out:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.